- DVIQ-Study of Personnel Prep of TVIs in O&M
- Toddler Cane – First Prototype!
- Top Five Reasons to Choose Hunter College Combined Master’s Degree in RT and O&M Program
- Does Uber Discriminate against travelers who are Visually Impaired?
- Wearable Mobility Device for Toddlers with Visual Impairments- Time has Come!
- ACVREP Announces New President – Kathleen Zeider
- Video of using Tap, Tap See and Maps to obtain Walking Directions to a Friend’s House
- Hunter O&M Students Poster Session 2014 NYSAER Conference in Albany- Huge Success!
- Hunter ITI Recruitment table at NYSAER – there is still financial support for TVI and O&M programs
- NPR Story Shows once again that few know about VRT and O&M
- CBVH VRT and O&M Career Video
- Hunter College Free Distance Learning Programs in Blindness and Visual Impairment
- Hunter College Video Promo
- John Kelly Website
- New York State Education Department
- New York Vision Rehabilitation Association
- The Association for the Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired
I am pleased to announce that I have successfully created the first prototype Toddler Cane for toddlers with visual impairments. See my video to learn more!!
Searching for a rewarding career in the field of Blindness and Visual Impairments? Take 3 minutes out of your search to learn why Hunter has the program for you!
Please review this video and take 9 question survey about this wearable mobility device idea-
The survey is at – https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Z5B77RF
The video is at – http://youtu.be/m7ylltEAdJA
Tucson, Arizona. The Board of Directors of The Academy for Certification of Vision Rehabilitation and Education Professionals (ACVREP) announces the appointment of Kathleen E. Zeider as President of the organization effective immediately. Ms. Zeider has been serving as Interim President since July 2014.
In making the announcement Jay Stiteley, Board Chair, stated “This appointment recognizes the contribution that Ms. Zeider has made to the organization over the past 4 months and demonstrates the Board’s confidence that her collaborative leadership style will enable ACVREP to play an important role in strengthening our field”.
If you have any questions about this announcement please contact the ACVREP offices at 520 887 6816.
This is a short video of my son helping me to demonstrate one of the many uses for iPhone App Tap, Tap See on an Orientation and Mobility lesson. He is not visually impaired, but he’ll do in a pinch.